- Lambton Australia
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I saw this lounge, fell in love, pondered it for 6 months or so and then purchased it when there was a "buy one, get one free" offer. It was a big decision going from an indestructible leather lounge (with two cats), but I don't regret it. I love it accessorized with black and white, but also love it with shades of fuschia and bright acid yellow.
I found these acid yellow cushions on a work trip and I think they look great popping against the teal. The pineapple lamps are a bit of fun and I made the lampshades that go with them.
The vintage cane armchairs in neutral colours chill out on the other side of the room with a vintage brass floor lamp and brass Moroccan table.
I am a fan of gallery walls (so many pictures, so little places to hang them!) and the turquoise desk underneath is a favourite DIY from a few years ago (as is the black and white Louis chair).
- Colors used in my room:
- Teal and acid yellow
- Tips for using color successfully:
- If you're buying a major piece in a colour, try and make sure it is a colour you have been attracted to before. I have always loved turquoise and teal colour,s so I knew it wasn't a passing fad.
When adding other in colours, it's very trial and error. You may not find your accent colours right away, so keep mixing things up until you are happy. When you have a bit of colour vomit going on, try and bring in some neutrals with colour (black or white) and materials (brass, cane) to mellow things out so the colour isn't too overwhelming.
- Trippy Acid Yellow and Teal