Name: Amelia and Eve
Location: United States
My daughters share a room, and my youngest was moving out of her crib, so it was time for a refresh. After my oldest picked out the fabric (that ended up on the lampshades) we went off of those colors for preppy funk.
I re-did the dresser in a high gloss navy and then carried that navy around to other parts of the room like the drum shade, the navy trim on the vanity and bolsters, and the navy on the back of the vintage chair I reupholstered. It is a small space and I had a lot of furniture to fit in, but the layout has worked out well to give the girls room to play and still have enough storage for everything.
- Bookshelf: IKEA Expedit
- Artwork on gallery wall: mostly DIY
- Watercolors on gallery wall: PBKids
- Rug: Pottery Barn
- Beds: antiques
- Stripped bedding: PBKids
- Shams: Stein Mart
- Bolsters: local thrift store
- Wall color: White Dove by BM
- Ceiling color: Springtime Bloom by BM
- Dresser color: Old Navy by BM
- Silhouettes: DIY project
- Curtains and lamps on dresser: IKEA
- Fabric on lamp shades: Portobello Vase (Blossom colorway)
Thanks, Elizabeth! Readers, to see more of Elizabeth visit her blog, Little Black Door.
(Images: Elizabeth/LIttle Black Door)