The apothecary style is a popular trend, especially in my neck of the woods where many Brooklyn restaurants and bars are adopting a vintage-rustic vibe. I'm personally a fan of the look and, given a dream renovation, would love to incorporate a little bit of unassuming elegance into my own bathroom.
A bathroom redo such as this would be exciting because of the opportunity to combine modern fixtures with one-of-a-kind elements. As the internet can be a tough place for finding affordable, one-off vintage pieces, many of the items I selected for this roundup are here simply to provide inspiration. But, if you can get down with a Craigslist crawl or enjoy a good flea market hunt, you can find all kinds of apothecary appropriate accessories to dress up your bath.
Keep your eye out for vintage jars and tins that could be repurposed as planters or Q-Tip holders. A glass curio or pharmacist's cabinet, like the one pictured from Factory 20, makes a great place for storing towels and displaying bath products. Also, don't forget the small stuff! A vintage shaving set, badger hair toothbrush or collection of French olive oil soaps make great finishing touches for that turn of the century feel.
1. Main Image
2. Linen Shower Curtain, $58 via Gaiam & Mykolas Linen Towels, $120 via Anichini
3. Pharmacy Wall Mount Medicine Cabinet, $495 via Restoration Hardware
4. Apothecary Jars via Russell Johnson Imports & Vintage Tins as Planters, via Wit + Delight
5. Vintage Pharmacists Apothecary Cabinet, $2180 via Factory 20
6. Edison Caged Sconce, $139 via Restoration Hardware
7. FRÄCK Extendable Magnifying Mirror, $4.99 via IKEA
8. C.O. Bigelow Shaving Set, $99, via C.O. Bigelow, SWISSCO Badger Bristle Toothbrush, $5.99 via ClassicShaving.com & Olive Oil Soaps via French Soaps
9. 1900 Classic Wall Shower via Lefroy Brooks. Visit LefroyBrooks.com for a retailer near you.
10. Sweedish Slipper Tub, via Canyonbath.com