An Easy DIY Refresh Fix: Change Out Your Pillows
If you’re looking for a little decor pick me up to start out 2012, why not choose an easy and classic design tip that always works wonders? Simply change out your pillows…
A little pillow refreshing can breathe new life into a room. They can add a different color palette, texture and feel to a space you’re getting bored with, and it’s a heck of a lot cheaper and easier than focusing on changing out furniture to get you refresh fix. You can probably find some good pillow or pillow cover sales going on this month or make a project of it and take the DIY approach.
A few funky pillow ideas to re-create:
1. Create his+her, her+her or his+his pillows by cutting out fabric shapes like these and sewing them on your pillow. You could even just iron your shapes on with heat’n bond. via freshly picked.
2. Good ol’ cozy sweater pillows. Use some of your own, a loved ones, or head to your favorite thrift store. I love the idea to add a little book pocket on one. Here is a tutorial on how to make these. via artfully quaint.
3. These collage pillows could easily be customized by buying or making your own stencils and making a personal piece of things or shapes you love. Use an existing pillow cover or make your own. Here is a tutorial on creating stencils and working on fabric to get you started. via kostas voyatzis.
4. Cut out strips of fabric color and sew or iron on to an existing pillow cover. via eleen.
5. Re-create these with ink. Brush the ink design on your pillow cover and then fold the cover in half to have a matching inkblot design. via curbly.
6. Mix and match fabrics and colors with these circle pillows from the diy network.
7. Do you have more reusable bags than you know what to do with? Make them into pillows. Stuff ’em and sew ’em up. It’s as easy as that. You may want make sure you cut off or put the straps inside though. via notcot. Here is another version and tutorial from Design* Sponge.
Images: as linked above