Name & Location: Anna-Kristin in Nashville, Tennessee
My Favorite Room: Living Room
Specs: 250 square feet
I'd like to think my style is traditional with a modern twist. I love to recycle old or inherited pieces and blend them with new pieces to make them more current. My inspiration for my living room started with a pretty antique oriental rug and two antique chairs, given to me from my husband's grandmother. The chairs were covered in a dingy (from age) orange fabric, that needed to be replaced. I fell in love with a beautiful blue velvet fabric from a local fabric store that I immediately knew I wanted to cover those chairs in, and before I knew it, the living room became the "blue room." In addition to those yummy blue chairs, my other favorite item is the abstract floral painting above the mantel. I love how it counters the formality of the space and adds a modern touch to lighten the mood. Best of all, I found this for under $100 at my local TJ Maxx Home Goods Store!
- Sofas from Sherrill Furniture.
- Jute rug from Myers Carpet (Nashville)
- Coffee Table from Scott's Antique Market (Atlanta)
- Blue flower painting (TJ Maxx Home Goods Store)
- Left glass top table (Ballard Designs)
- Left lamp (Hapeth Gallery - Nashville)
- Right acrylic lamp (TJ Maxx Home Goods Store)
- Wall paint (Benjamin Moore Seashell)
- Blue Ginger Jars (Flair Decor - Nashville)