Earlier this month we wrote a post about how to make a dropcloth slipcover work. There were mixed reactions to the idea of draping a sofa in a basic canvas throw, so we're wondering how people feel about using a printed cloth cover, like this sofa styled in hand-blocked indigo fabric from Les Indiennes.
The Les Indiennes catalog is full of Indian-inspired patterns, designed by Mary Mulcahy and printed on cotton cloth. Rooms are styled to look comfortable and casual, and bedding is often treated as something to be thrown over sofas and chaises as much as beds.
• 1 Fabric draped over a sofa is an instant slipcover.
• 2 A blanket covers a chaise.
• 3 Another chaise, covered in bedding, looks like a good spot for a nap.
• 4 Covered in a quilt and pillows, a daybed mimics a sofa.
• 5 This sheer voile fabric might make a beautiful drape for furniture.
What do you think? Does this look work, or is it too thrown together?
To see the full "Lookbook" from Les Indiennes, click here.
Photos: Les Indiennes