Every once in a while, my friend Emmett over at Fine Paints of Europe drops me a few photos of recent projects. Let's see what he's got cooking this week.
Emmett and I have dovetailing interests — grey instead of beige, dark floors, aubergine, charcoal. So it's fun for me too to see exactly which specific hues he's choosing from a similar palette. Says he:
I put a lot of thought into the aubergine both finding it and placing it in the central (dining room) room so that I could flank it with colors that would appear phantasmagoric to onlookers from either direction. The gray took even longer to find. I looked on every fan we had until finally I stumbled upon it E15-60 in our 1000 Collection. The crowd pleasers are always deep, contrasting colors for dramatic effect. All colors jump off the millwork slashed with our Brilliant White.
• Dining Room: Fine Paints of Europe G17150 (Inspiration Collection)
• Master Bedroom: Fine Paints of Europe SK29 (Designer Collection)
• Office: Fine Paints of Europe E8-57 (1000 Collection)
• Hall: Fine Paints of Europe E7-12 (1000 Collection)
• Library Walls: Fine Paints of Europe E15-60 (1000)
• Kitchen: Fine Paints of Europe 9240 (Select)
• Living Room: Fine Paints of Europe SK15 (Designer Collection)
• All Doors: Fine Paints of Europe 6084 Espresso Hollandlac
• All Trim: Fine Paints of Europe Hollandlac Brilliant White
• All Ceilings: Fine Paints of Europe LP23 Eurolux Matte (Designer Collection)
- Mark Chamberlain, interior and decorative painter