So, what exactly is it? The same question crossed our minds when we first saw Antec's new Skeleton case. Well, it's not really a case, but more like something from a horror flickr, packing a unique top-mounted 250mm fan, room for expansion galore, and a standard ATX motherboard. Grab one of these and projector to create holographic ghouls to scare kids away from your house.
A side look at Antec's proposed "world's first open air case."
* 4 Drive Bays
• External: 2 x 5.25"
• Internal: 2 x 3.5"
• Optional: 4 x 3.5" side panel mounted drive trays
* Layered tray design for greater system integration flexibility
* 7 Expansion Slots including room for 11" video cards
* Cooling System:
• 1 top 250mm TriCool 3-speed multi color customizable LED Fan
• 1 front 92mm HD cooling fan
* Motherboard: Standard ATX
* Front ports:
• 2 x USB 2.0
• 1 x FireWire (IEEE1394)
• 1 x eSATA
• Audio (AC97' and HDA compatible) In and Out
* 0.8mm cold rolled steel for durability with reinforced plastic frame
* Rack mount quality side rails for greater durability
* No Power Supply included: To optimize performance of your Skeleton, your choice of power supply is crucial. Antec strongly recommends choosing from Signature or TruePower series.
* Unit Dimensions:
• 13"(H) x 14.8"(W) x 16.5"(D)
• 33.02 cm(H) x 37.6 cm(W) x 41.9 cm(D)
* Packaging Dimensions:
• 15.74"(H) x 18.11"(W) x 18.89"(D)
• 40 cm(H) x 46 cm(W) x 48 cm(D)
• Net: 15.5 lb / 7.02 kg
• Gross: 21.4 lb / 9.7 kg
No word on pricing just yet, but we'll definitely keep an eye out for this one.