It's July, we're growing and we're in need of more help in our ad sales department. If you're a reader, know what we're all about and are interested in a full time job as an account executive, please read on below.
We're looking for a full time account executive to join our advertising sales team in New York City.
Who we're looking to meet
We're looking for an experienced media sales professional with 2 to 5 years of online advertising sales experience. You should be excited about working at a start up, enthusiastic about home design and Apartment Therapy's mission.
• Be the face (and eyes and ears) of Apartment Therapy Media to your advertising clients, connecting with key agencies and direct clients.
• Generate new prospects, cold call them and close sales. You'll start with some assigned accounts, but most will be new business you generate.
• Experience in selling to large advertising agencies, especially in home goods retail, furniture categories. We hope you'll come with some great contacts and new ideas
• Strong presentation skills. You should be comfortable in formal boardroom meetings, as well as lunches and trade shows.
• Create integrated, creative advertising packages to appeal to key clients
• Our clients see us to be online advertising consultants as well as reps. You'll help customers understand the shelter advertising landscape. Help them to learn how blogs and social media are really shaking things up. (We'll also consider candidates with solid shelter magazine print media experience who is driven to learn more about digital.)
• Solid PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills. Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM tools would be a big plus.
More About Us
This job offers a competitive base and a commission program. This position is based in our headquarters in Soho, NYC.
You'll join a strong team, working with a sales director and traffic and sales support. Our sales team works in cooperation with Federated Media.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Herma Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you'll use your cover letter to be specific: tell us about your success in sales and your passion for shelter/cooking/home media.