The Smithsonian's Flickr page (where they provide access to archives from the public domain) is one of our favorite stops for inspiration. We recently spent some time sifting through their photography collection, which includes portraits of artists in their studios.
A few of our favorite interiors are sampled above. We love the Oriental carpets, shelves of sculpture, and salon-style walls of paintings. Enjoy, and check out the Smithsonian's Flickr set for more!
• 1 Charles Shephard Chapman in his Studio, 1920
• 2 Daniel Chester French, 1920
• 3 Women's Art Class at State School of the Deaf, Delavan, Wisconsin, 1880
• 4 John Quincy Adams Ward, 1887
• 5 John Singer Sargeant in his Paris Studio, 1885