A while ago, we wrote about using grids as a way to increase the impact of small art. We showed a few ideas from Apartment Therapy homes, which we're augmenting today with some more inspirational photos from catalogs and designers...
- 1) In a city apartment by Phoebe Howard, a simple grid of line drawings looks very modern in square, natural wood frames.
- 2) The Game Room at the Sagamore Hotel uses a wraparound grid of black and white photos to add a graphic sensibility to the walls.
- 3) The Picturewall Company sells sets of frames that fit together like puzzle pieces, hanging on the wall in a tidy group. This combination sells for $280.
- 4) An old photo features record album frames from the CB2 catalogue. We love the way the stylist cut up one large photo into smaller framed sets.
- 5) This bedroom artwork arrangmenet from the Hülsta catalog shows a similar look, with a panoramic image that spans four canvases hung in a row.
• Artwork Grids, Five Ways