- Providence, RI
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- What I love about this place is that it has a lot of bright light and it is located in a very cozy neighborhood. Feels only fair to call it my first "grown-up" apartment after having lived with 4 roommates in grad school. I have previously lived in a loft and as compared to that, having separate rooms for my study and dining seems like a subtle luxury. I love having people over as much as possible, because it is a huge space for just one person to live in. Plus having typography all over my walls keeps me constantly entertained.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Choose furniture and decor that make you happy - Color scheme might seem important and so might choosing a certain aesthetic but if you really love the bright yellow chair, then get the bright yellow chair.
2. Plants, plants, plants - I have over 70 plants in my apartment. It might not show from the pictures but they are there. From tiny succulents to large cacti to herbs in the kitchen - a small place can seem way more livelier with greenery around.
3. Indulge, just a little bit - It might seem frivolous to spend a lot on a place you consider "small". But do indulge in a few pieces of expensive furniture/decor which you might keep for the long run. Every small place deserves something fancy.