- San Diego, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- My small home is the first space I have ever lived in on my own. Aside from it being less than a mile from work and having a pretty great view, I love most that it has the ability to quickly evolve. With it being my first place, I instantly became overwhelmed with design opportunities. I have changed the direction of my design umpteen times, have bought and sold/returned countless pieces of furniture, and harbor more paints than one person needs. In my 1.5 years here, my place has encouraged me to delve into both the mature and whimsical parts of me. A small place certainly makes it easier to change things up.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Utilize furniture with legs. This allows you to fill your home without the room feeling too closed in.
2. When deciding how to design your space, spend more time looking at your space than online for gathering inspiration. This helps you from becoming overwhelmed and making sure your design is more organic rather than forced.
3. Allow yourself to have negative space.