- Barrie Canada
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I wanted to create a space that was calm and relaxing but also able to incorporate a few elements that were fun and quirky. The pink dresser was painted on a whim and was not initially intended for this room, however it kind of just worked and needed to live in that space. The nightstand was another fun piece where I could add a punch of colour to contrast the dark walls—and what better colour to pair with blue than yellow? I also used a few of my favourite books to bring in more pink, blue, and yellow into the room—and odd colour combination that seemed to just work. I kept the bedding in blacks and whites to keep the space calm and not looking like a rainbow had exploded. The picture hanging above the bed is a muted landscape of Positano, Italy that filled the wall space without bringing in another colour or adding another focal point.
- Colors used in my room:
- Plumage - Martha Stewart Paints (walls)
Lemon Sorbet - Benjamin Moore (night stand)
Berrylicious - Valspar (dresser)
- Tips for using color successfully:
- Just try it! You can always repaint.
- Quirky Primary