Flea Market Shopping Around DC
The Washington Post featured a series of articles on flea market shopping in the DC-area. The article topics include area flea markets and tips for attending flea markets. We thought the shopping advice would be redundant to AT readers (tips included advice such as bringing cash and room measurements and wearing comfortable shoes). We did, however, appreciate the information on local and regional markets. See some of the Post’s lists below and tell us your flea market shopping advice (we have a feeling you have better tips!)…
Here are some of the upcoming flea markets mentioned by the Post:
– D.C. Big Flea (Dulles Exposition and Convention Center): July 19-20, Sept. 20-21 and Nov. 1-2.
– Richmond Big Flea: Aug. 2-3 and Oct. 18-19.
– Lucketts Fair (Leesburg): Aug. 23-24.
– Historic New Castle Antiques Show (Delaware): Aug. 24.
– Baltimore Summer Antiques Show: Aug. 28-31.
– Shenandoah Antiques Expo: Oct. 10-12.
What do you think of these flea markets? Do you find better bargains by arriving early or late?