I think this may have been the fastest summer of my life, but maybe it's just that time seems to speed up as the days grow shorter. It's been a pleasure to vicariously experience some wonderful reader-submitted summer spaces — as August comes to a close, here's a quick look back at a few of my favorites.
From backyard bar-b-cues to city balconies, all of these spaces seem like a good place to kick back with a beer. And some of them really make me wish I had a backyard, or maybe just a bucket of crawfish. For more photos and the back-story behind them, click through the links below (also linked above in the captions).
- Oregon Summer Crawfish Boil
- Juliana's Family-Friendly Backyard
- Kelly and Jef's Outdoor Escape
- Matt's Balcony With a View
- Christiane's Container Garden Courtyard
- Barbara's Anything That Grows Garden
- Barbara's Boho Hillside Garden
- Vanessa's Green View
- Jacquie's Outdoor Lounge
- Barbara's Multilevel Garden