Back To Prehistoric Times: The Man Cave
We’ve hear about it. The Man Cave. A sacred space for married guys to be themselves, to invite friends for poker tournaments or a game of darts… or simply to relax and enjoy that recliner chair that the wife doesn’t allow in the living room. But times have changed. Nowdays, Man Caves are full of great hi-tech gear and gadgets that will put your local electronics’ retailer to shame.
Guys need an exclusive space to hang out in their homes — a refuge where they can enjoy what they love, whether it’s a soundproofed basement used as a rock ‘n’ roll lounge and adorned with limited edition guitars; a room where diehard ski fans can chill out with a roaring fireplace and alpine atmosphere; or a lush golf-lover’s paradise, featuring a state-of-the-art virtual reality driving range, media center and top-notch equipment storage space.
Now, Man Caves don’t have to be only for guys. Wives and girlfriends are embracing the concept as an extra room to hang out and have fun with friends and family. Here are some tips to create an amazing Man Cave:
• Pick your theme: Sports, Outdoors, Bikes, Motorsports.
Just stick to it and try to make your gear selection consistent to what you picked.
• Use one piece of gear or furniture to be the center of the Cave’s attention.
You want to have a pool table? what about a big screen TV or maybe some action packed video games? Remember that you don’t have the whole house to use, so choose wisely: the fewer pieces, the less crowded it will look.
• Call your friends and ask them to help you out in the designing process and even in the actual construction. Nothing beats free labor.
• For electrical and plumbing, please contact a professional. Don’t tackle something that you are not comfortable doing.
• Plan ahead and order all the electronics you may need, so you don’t have to wait for mounting hardware or cables to hang your big screen TV.