Fish out of Water: Bathtub Envy
When I was signing the lease on my apartment this time last year, my one near deal breaker was the absence of a tub. Now that temperatures have dropped again, I am already missing warm baths.
I share the notion held by the narrator in The Bell Jar that “There must be quite a few things a hot bath won’t cure, but I don’t know many of them.”
Yet, here I am, stuck with a very tiny stall shower. At this point I would be happy with pretty much any tub, but why not dream big? Seven-foot soaking pools, beautiful chevron wood flooring, extra furniture. For everyone who knows that a hot shower is nice but a poor substitute for a bath – or those of you who need convincing – I give you this roundup of enviable tubs.
6. Nikole Heriott‘s bathroom on Design*Sponge
7. One of six tiled bathrooms at Dar es Saada, the guesthouse at Yves Saint Laurent’s Marrakech retreat, in Elle Decor
8. Hus & Hem (via Desire to Inspire)
9. Red claw foot tub (via Terramia)
10. The renovated bathroom in Sharon & Chris’s Monochrome Wonder
(images as linked, 3. Melanie Acevedo)