- Denver, CO
- Square Feet:
- Over 1000 sqft: Owner
- What I Love About My Entryway:
- I love that our home is old (built in 1895 during Grover Cleveland's second term!), and the historic details in the entryway were preserved.
I love the Hygge + West wallpaper! We wanted to warm up the entryway (it had been painted a drab, flat neutral color), so we chose the Otomi print, which is modern and classic at the same time. It's always a conversation piece. We papered the main accent wall and the space under the stairs. Now we just have to paint the rest of the room to complement the paper.
I love the vintage Persian rug and the second-hand furniture (used for our mail, keys). At some point we can add more pieces, but we're on a budget and our kids bump into everything...so we are waiting.
Finally, I love the artwork. My father was a mathematician, but he had a painting hobby. When he passed away my mother gave me two of his paintings - and it makes me happy to have them hanging in our home, inside the entryway where we greet our friends and loved ones.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Entryway:
- *Consider the decade your home or rental was built and let that help inform your design decisions/tone.
* Create warmth by adding mirrors that reflect natural light and plants! I estimate that I need about 5 more in this space!
* Like every room in your home, showcase objects that remind you of those you love or are reminders of great experiences.