Name: Beatrix/Bea (15 months)
Location: Kittery, ME
We were hoping to sell our house during my pregnancy, but after about 8 months it became clear that we were staying and we needed a nursery ASAP! I had planned out the entire room in Photoshop and it was quite a rush to do all the shopping and decorating at the end.
The very first baby purchase I made was the animal alphabet print from Ink+Wit. With the colors set, I spent hours on Apartment Therapy Family and was inspired by many rooms, including Little P, Norah's Sweet and Sunny Nursery, and Graham's Fabric Fabulous.
My favorite part of the room is the ceramic goat head I found on eBay. Some may say it's creepy, but I think it brings the right amount of quirkiness to the room.
We sleep on the futon when we have house guests, but I've absolutely loved having it there for naps and snuggling up together for bedtime books.
The black and white photos are milestones from her first six months and Bea loves pointing out everyone in the pictures. (Don't worry, her crib is pulled away from the wall decoration now that she's older.)
The biggest challenge was finding patterns that would work together. I had planned for more interesting bedding, but ultimately decided all white would be best against the rug and futon comforter.
• Crib & Changing Table: Babies R Us
• Dresser: Bought used, painted and added pulls from Anthropologie
• Rug: Rosenberry Rooms
• Chair: Monte Design
• Lamp and Round Side Table: Home Goods
• Mirror: IKEA frame that we painted and added mirror
• Futon Bedding: Dwell Studio for Target
• Round Pillows: Urban Outfitters
• Curtains: Target
• Shelves: Home Decorator's Collection
• Hamper: Home Decorator's Collection
• Mobile: Etsy seller theStarcraft
• Blue and Yellow Storage bins: Target
• Personalized Name Print: Designed by me for Kindertype
• Goat Head: eBay
•Large Letter "B": eBay
• Houndstooth Teddy Bear (from your Cool Teddy Bear Round Up!): Etsy seller Tiddlywinks
Thanks Rachel! Readers, Rachel is getting ready to open an Etsy shop, Kindertype - bookmark it!
(Images: Rachel S.)