If you're lucky enough to have a laundry space in your home, you know that it's an area that gets quite a workout. Whether it's a whole room or just a small nook, it's important to make the most of the space and to keep it functioning in tip-top shape. Simple organization tricks make these fifteen laundry rooms into multi-purpose marvels.
1. A sliding barn door conceals this small laundry nook, while between-machine storage bins keep the space looking neat. From HGTV.
2. A clothes rack, storage cubbies, and a magnetic chalkboard make this laundry room high-functioning. See the full article at Before and After: A Laundry Room is Born.
3. These homemade, multi-purpose laundry storage shelves streamline chores and tidying. From Being Brook.
4. Open shelving covered in oilcloth puts materials in easy reach and makes messes much easier to clean. From The Farm Chicks.
5. A garage laundry area can be just as stylish, fresh, and organized. From House to Home.
6. A great example of a small-space laundry solution. Hooks and shelves maximize the potential of this laundry nook. Domino magazine via CocoMalé.
7. High shelves keep cleaning supplies out of the reach of kids, and vibrant countertops make folding more fun. For the full scoop, see Before & After: Laundry Area Goes from Messy to Fab
8. Milk crates break the shelf area into zones, hanging shelves add vertical storage, and canvas bins add extra storage. From Real Simple.
9. A closet gets a makeover as a laundry nook, and on-the-door storage and drawers below the machines maximize the storage possibilities. From Fine Home Building.
10. Dual hampers and matching storage containers keep the look tidy while open shelving and a sink skirt (to hide messy items below) maximize the space. From House to Home.
11. An Expedit storage system, hooks, shelving, and bins add utility to this vibrant coral space. From Decor Chick.
12. Numbered bins, clothespin jars, and clear detergent jars make it quick and easy to locate items. From I Heart Organizing.
13. A vintage table adds more surface area, a wall-mounted bin adds space for clean linens, and a lamp/storage jar holds extra clothespins and gives a bit of extra under-cabinet light. From Country Living.
14. A basement is transformed into a joint laundry room and playroom. Rolling storage, ample cabinet space, and a hanging drying rack keep the space functional. From Real Simple.
15. A closet is transformed into a laundry closet with the addition of a concrete workspace, curtains to hide the machines, and a between-machine rack to hold supplies. From Southern Living.
MORE LAUNDRY ROOMS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Stylish Laundry Rooms: Inspiration Gallery
• Inspiration: Organized Laundry Rooms
• Inspiration Gallery: Laundry Rooms
• Organization Inspiration: Neat & Beautiful Laundry Rooms
(Images: as credited above)