- Chicago, IL
- Square Feet:
- Over 1000 sqft: Owner
- What I Love About My Entryway:
- I love the DIY transformation of our entryway from a long hallway that lead into the kitchen to an actual separate entryway. The attention to detail to match the new additions and the original woodwork make the space an unforgettable entrance.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Entryway:
- 1. Make the space work for you. Don't add items storage or decor items just because the internet has told you that you should have it there. Figure out how you use the space and decorate towards that.
2. Make it a statement area. I love the boldness of an entryway. Even though these spaces are usually just small rooms, hallways, or a corner or your living room, you can add something big and bold to make your home memorable from the instant people walk into it.
3. Organization is your best friend. So much is tossed at the front door, it is best if you have a spot for your coats, shoes, keys, and all that mail that inevitably piles up.