Bed pockets, those fabric slings that hang from the side or the end of the bed, can come in handy if you don't have the space for a bedside table.
We've posted them on Apartment Therapy before and many commenters didn't like their messy look. Still, we feel that in certain contexts (and as long as you don't overload them with stuff) they work well.
We particularly like the DIY versions we've seen, which are easy to customize to the look of your bed. If you made one from high-quality felt or linen, it could be really striking.
- 1 We spotted this crib with canvas pockets in Pierluigi Molteni's Plug-In House.
- 2 The Sidekick Organizer can hang from your bed or the arm of a sofa.
- 3 NeatSheets have built-in pockets that are hidden by the top layer of bedding.
- 4 Five Whys posted a great step-by-step tutorial on how to make one.
- 5 This bed pocket was made from a pattern in Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing book.