Before & After: Andi & Dean’s Master Bath on a Budget
Budget is the name of the game, but you’d never know after taking a peek at Andi and Dean’s newly renovated bathroom. Following the purchase of their San Francisco Victorian last year, the couple has taken on the remodel room by room. Check out the amazing transformation of their master bath!
After falling in love with an Anne Sacks tile that was slightly over budget, the couple did some research and found a similar Italian porcelain for less. Arranged in a herringbone pattern, the 4″ x 24″ tiles are stunning. The walls are clad in a classic subway tile and painted a soft green, creating a soothing spa-like atmosphere.
Discovering the perfect sink base at Restoration Hardware for a whopping $1,200 encouraged the the couple to take matters into their own hands. They hit the jackpot at the Restoration Hardware Outlet where the metal base cabinet was less than one third of the price. The medicine cabinets, also purchased at the Restoration Hardware Outlet, complete the industrial sink area for a fraction of the cost.
Restoring the orignal 1890’s tub became Andi’s labor of love. The four step process began by sanding the exterior of the cast iron tub. Next, she primed it with rustoleum, then painted the tub with a flat grey paint, and finished it with sealant. For the shower hardware, the couple found a nearby company that specializes in fixtures for antique style baths, giving the tub a fresh finish while maintaining the vintage aesthetic.
Andi and Dean have adopted a “learn by doing” approach to their remodel which appears to be paying off in a big way. Check out some of their other projects on their blog project nest, where they document the remodel step by step, with lots of tips for other diy’ers. And stay tuned for their house tour when the renovation is complete!
• Italian Porcelain Floor Tile – Casalgrande Padana in Argento: Buy Tile
• Bathtub: Interior professionally finished by Miracle Method
• Shower Hardware: Sunrise Specialty
• Towel Bar: Restoration Hardware Outlet
• Towel Cabinet: Craigslist, painted in Parisian Green from Philips Perfect Color
• Medicine Cabinet: Restoration Hardware Outlet
• Marble Countertop: Blue Sky Marble from Marble City Company
• Sink Base: Restoration Hardware Outlet
• Wall tile: Daltile, Subway Tile from Home Depot
• Wall Paint: Aguaverte from Philips Perfect Color
• Light Fixtures at Sink: Shades of Light