Belkin WeMo Light Switch
I often recommend the WeMo to those asking about simple home automation systems to control home lighting; it's truly plug and play. Those looking for a more permanent and sleek finish now have the option of hardwiring the new WeMo Light Switch, replacing a traditional light faceplate (their instructional video is also informative in general for replacing a light switch) and wirelessly connecting to a home network for full control of lights from a iOS or Android app. And yes, it still works just like a normal light switch too, for those time you want to turn off the lights without launching an app.
WeMo Light Switch Features:
- Turn room lights on and off from compatible iOS or Android devices
- Connects via Wi-Fi network and mobile 3G and 4G/LTE Internet
- Set up rules for lights going on and off at sunset and sunrise
- Set a schedule for lights in different rooms
- Faceplate offers subtle backlighting for easy identification in the dark
- Compatible with the entire family of Belkin WeMo products
- Works with IFTTT
- Basic electrical installation knowledge required (above)
- Free WeMo App for Android and iOS
- Decorative face plate included
- One-year limited warranty
Apartment Therapy supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.