We post so many good before and after photos from Apartment Therapy readers and fellow bloggers that it seems a shame not to give them more attention. Although these projects seem like a breeze when the final photos go up, they really involve many hours of agonizing over paint colors, weeding the yard, and laying down path stones. To give them their full due, we thought we'd revisit a few of our favorite outdoor makeovers.
- Leah Steen's Lovely Garden: As you can see from the photos, Leah's project was a huge undertaking that involved installing paving stones, painting the house, and landscaping the yard with neatly trimmed hedges. The results are gorgeous and prove that hard work pays off in the end.
- Nicole's Winning Front Porch: This makeover comes from the ultra-talented Nicole Balch whose blog, Making It Lovely, is a consistent source of inspiration for renovation projects. She completed her front porch in just 48 hours and won first place in a makeover contest sponsored by Better Homes & Gardens.
- Susie's Backyard Retreat: Susie uncovered the beauty hidden in her backyard garden by weeding, getting rid of some truly ugly leftover furniture, and adding a new outdoor dining table and chairs.
- Vintage Metal Furniture Rescued: Furniture shop Mulberry Street specializes in bringing old metal furniture back to life. These chairs are an example of how something that seems beyond saving can become new again.
- Jasmine's Exterior Makeover: When Jasmine needed to give her home some curb appeal, she sent in a request for help to Apartment Therapy. AT readers responded, and Jasmine sent in photos when her project was finished. Just by painting the door and shutters and adding some inexpensive new plants, she gave the whole house a facelift.
(Re-edited from a post originally published on 6.08.2010 - CM)