Keeping a compost bin in the kitchen makes it easy and convenient to make good use of your food scraps. Just because you're in a small space doesn't necessarily mean you don't have room for a compost bin. All of the composters on this list will fit on the counter or under the kitchen sink. And just like that you're a friend of the earth!
• NatureMill NEO from NatureMill With 2 gallon weekly capacity and automatic mixing, this little unit can be used indoors or out. $249
• All Seasons Indoor Composter from Amazon This unit is ideal for small spaces because it has no foul orders due to anaerobic fermentation process. $45
• Compost Keeper Bamboo Pail with Filter from Gardener's Edge This little pail has a bamboo exterior with a removable dishwasher-safe liner. $41.95
• Kitchen Compost Caddy from Vine.com Made in England, this one-gallon caddy would look great on a counter top. $35.99
• Bosmere Slim Kitchen Compost Caddy So slim it could fit in even the smallest space, this unit comes with a replaceable carbon filter.
• Oggi Countertop Compost Pail from Amazon Made from bamboo fiber, this basic unit would look handsome on a counter top. $24.99
• Compost Pail from SimpleHuman The sleek stainless steel exterior would look great in a modern kitchen; a integrated charcoal filters helps control odors. $59.99
• Ceramic Countertop Compost Bin from Sur La Table With its little leaf handle and black and white body, this bin get the prize for cutest compost pail. $39.95
• Lattice Ceramic Compost Crock from Plow and Hearth Who says compost bins have to be black or white? This leak-proof ceramic bin comes in 5 colors. $29.95
MORE COMPOSTING ON APARTMENT THERAPY
• Over 80 Things You Can Compost
• All About Composting: Hot Tips, Best Bins, and WORMS!
• How To Make Your Own Indoor Compost Bin
(Images: As credited above)