Best Souvenirs To Display In The Home
For some, bringing back souvenirs can be quite a challenge. Whether the items are for yourself or for friends and family, the process (to find the perfect souvenir) can prove frustrating and time consuming if not prepared. We tend to have a budgeting eye in mind when we’re on the hunt for souvenirs and we love to mix them among our everyday decor when we return home. Here is a list of our favorite souvenirs to display in the home–and don’t forget to tell us your staples after the jump!
- During your trip, check out the local thrift stores or flea markets. There you’ll find vintage and antique wares that are budget friendly. Baskets, dishes and beer glasses are our favorite finds. Just don’t forget to pack light so you can fit the items in your suitcase.
- Take photos. Whether it’s with a disposable or digital camera, take photos of the local architecture and landscape. They’ll frame beautifully and it’s always fun to get this sort of personal memento enlarged for display.
- Frame postcards, posters or maps from your travels. Whether you found a map of your destination at the local flea market or used it to find your way, framing the map (with marked points of where you traveled) is always a conversation starter for the home.
- Pick up fabric that is original to your travel spot. Once you get home, you can use the cloth for bedding, setting the table or DIY it into a pillow.
- Collect sand, rocks or seashells during your trip. Whether you travel to the mountains, beach or city, there’s always something to gather in a jar that will remind you of your journey.
(Image: Heather España)