Best City Bike Designs
We’ve suddenly gotten WAY into biking. This past weekend we biked everywhere and it made us feel like kids again. Sara gets on her new bike with Ursula in the baby seat and I get on my old bike and off we go. Doesn’t matter too much where we go. We pick a destination or something from our to-do list and take off…
At the same time, I’ve developed a lust for a new bike. I got totally into the older style European frames last summer, but most of those are really, really expensive. Now Gary Fisher has a beautiful model called the Simple City, which starts around $600. The colors are great and the utility bike design is spot on. I took these pics in a bike shop up the street and saving up my pennies.
And then I just had to pull together a roundup of the great city bike sources that we’ve gathered since last year. Enjoy!
- Bikes from Rob Forbes
- New Amazing Bikes from Areaware
- Inspiration: Beautiful Bikes for Living Car-Free
- Urban Outfitters Bike Shop: Design Your Own
- De Fietsfabriek: Dutch Cargo Bicycles
- ANT Bikes: The Fanciest Roadster in the USA
- Sweetpea – Handmade Bikes for Women
- Dutch Bikes Seattle: European Escape Vehicles
- The Dutch Bicycle Company: Sexy Dutch Roadsters in Boston