Beth’s Best of Both Worlds
For us, our childhood summers meant playing in the pool, going to our friends house to swim in their pool and–oh yeah, more playing in the pool. And while we loved the summers spent in our small southern town, we also really dig our “grown up” summers in the big city. Which is why in our dream outdoor room, we’d do our best to include the best elements of both worlds.
1. We can’t have an outdoor space without a big oak tree oozing with Spanish moss–perfect for tying up a swing. And a view of the city is of the utmost importance–all the twinkling lights which create quite the romantic atmosphere.
2. On some nights, when the sun goes down, it’s bound to get chilly. An outdoor fireplace for keeping warm and toasting marshmallows sounds like the perfect way to wind down the day.
3. Waking up with the sun is also something we’ve been known to do (once or twice). Drinking coffee and reading the paper while cozying up in this lounger from The Storage Store just might get us out of bed.
4. Sunset Magazine has the right idea–create cozy outdoor DIY lighting with recycled glass tea-light lanterns.
5. Our outdoor room wouldn’t be complete without tons of cozy pillows in colorful, fun prints.
6. We grew up with Pawley’s Island Hammocks in our backyard–the perfect touch for bringing back childhood memories.
7. Adding a little color and pattern to our outdoor space, we’d throw in this reversible, all-weather Turkish rug from Gaiam.
8. Of course, we have to have a pool in our Dream Outdoor space–but this time, we’ll make it an infinity pool for good measure.