Since we're blogging all things outdoors this month on Apartment Therapy, we thought we'd highlight a great article that recently popped up on EcoWorldly listing "17 Reasons Why Bicycles Are the Most Popular Vehicle in the World Today." Although we're a car-centric culture here in America, EcoWorldly reports that the number of bicycles worldwide trumps cars by 1.4 billion to 400 million. Click below for links and a few reasons why people love bikes from Africa to Australia...
A small sample of EcoWorldly's 17 Reasons to ride a bike if you can:
• Bikes aren't affected by the high cost of gas.
• Bikes are accessible to people with high and low incomes alike.
• Small is cool. Bikes take up less space than cars.
• Biking keeps you in shape.
• Old bikes can be broken down into parts and re-used.
Check out the full article here.