We hear a lot about how fashion and home design are related, but clothes for chairs? It seems a little out-there, but people have been outfitting chairs with caps, jackets, and even bikinis for a while…
- 1 Designer Mina Wu created a series of garments that can be worn by chairs or humans.
- 2 The Eames Bikini is a classic two-piece cover for mid-century wire chairs.
- 3 Berlin designers chris&ruby created Chair Socks as a prototype for fashion-forward floor protectors.
- 4 We've seen "chair caps" used to dress up furniture at weddings, but Blu Dot's version is much more modern than what you might find at a wedding shop.
- 5 When we first posted this idea, it raised some eyebrows and got some laughs, but in this context it actually seems appropriate. If you can use bikinis and caps to dress up a chair, why not try a scarf?