Black & White Tile Done Right
Black and white tile — it’s so classic and timeless. And it’s so simple, but sometimes it can be tricky to get simple right. There are so many options for using black and white tile, beyond the checkered tile that we all know and love. Here are 12 examples of beautiful and unique spaces where black and white tiles were done right.
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
1. A simple bathroom with an interesting black & white tile pattern, from Lark & Linen.
2. A bold and graphic backsplash to let that faucet shine, as seen on Desire to Inspire.
3. Black & white tile gives a 3D effect and looks great in contrast to the rustic wood cabinets in this industrial kitchen, as spotted on Houzz.
4. A black & white round tile pattern bridges the gap between the black counter and white cupboards in this kitchen featured in est magazine.
5. Alternating tiles create a checkered border and look fabulous alongside fresh aqua paint in this bathroom, from Our Boat House.
6. This graphic black & white pattern looks best in an extremely simple bathroom, like this one photographed and styled by Anette Nilssen.
7. Take a classic checker pattern and turn it diagonally to add some interest, as spotted in this entrance on Planete Deco.
8. Some interesting black & white hallway tiles at the base of a staircase, as featured in House and Garden UK.
9. Create extra large stripes using solid black & white tiles, as in this bathroom from Wickes.
10. Play with random tile placement around a feature like a bathtub, as seen in this example from the Ceramic Tile Supply gallery.
11. Use solid black & white tiles to make black dominant pattern, as spotted on So Deco.
12. Go bold with a graphic chevron black & white pattern like this one in the Greenhouse Loft, featured on One Fine Stay.