Sure, modern parents love their gear, but it's somewhat surprising how many thousands of children are injured by this gear every year. Parenting has a great list of ways to protect your child whether they're in the car seat, stroller, or crib.
Here are just a few of the safety tips:
• Don't put car seats on high surfaces or anywhere they might tip over.
• Make sure your child's safety belts are secured before you pick up the seat.
• Always buckle your child into the stroller
• Lock the stroller in the open position so it doesn't accidentally close up while your child is in it.
• Make sure your crib mattress fits snugly.
• Keep the crib away from windows with blinds and long cords.
All of this might seem a little obvious, but it's good to be reminded.
Read all of the safety tips on gear here.