Long live the bread tin, even after rust and dents have taken away its baking glory days. Here are 5 fun ways to keep those pans circulating around the house in useful ways!
1. The Bread Tin Planter Perhaps the prettiest of them all, why not throw some indoor herbs in 'ye old bread tin to spruce up the house and make cooking more fun?
2. The Bread Tin Table setting Basket This creative reuse project by Lisa Gerber got her noticed on ReadyMade! A great project for small spaces, this is a quick and easy accessible storage solution for table settings and produce, not to mention it's pretty cute! See how to make this on ReadyMade from Lisa.
3. The Bread Tin Picnic Tin Spruce up your old pan with a cloth liner, some fun designs on the outside and two handles to turn it into a small picnic basket.
4. The Bread Tin Recipe Organizer What better place to file your recipes than in an old baking tin? You can fit two columns of cards with little dividers by meal in a typical bread pan.
5. The Bread Tin Electronic Charging Center Charging electronics is now part of our daily routine. With fancy charging stations priced at $150 a pop, a vintage bread tin "station" is much more affordable and customizable. It will nicely cradle your smartphone, iPad, Kindle, and whatever else may be lurking near your outlets. Add cloth, paint the outside, or let the tin's natural character shine through with this simple fix.
There you have it! Five ways to keep your vintage bread tins around when you can't get the rust out. Any other great ideas out there?