Looking for a cheap way to update your kitchen? How about a backsplash in a bright color? Painting such a small area means you can splurge on high-quality paint and take a color risk that you might not be willing to make in a larger space. Here are a few inspiring examples, along with links to specific color ideas.
- Stephanie and Bob's kitchen combines glossy blue IKEA cabinets with a tangerine-colored strip of paint. For a similar look, we'd try Benjamin Moore's Fiesta Orange.
- The blue in London Urchin's kitchen is actually a hard-wearing laminate, but we'd also recommend Benjamin Moore's Southern Belle for a similar purplish blue.
- The yellow-orange backsplash in Lisa & Jeremie's Parisian Open Space is bold and just right for their kitchen. If you're looking for another yellow-orange to try, Benjamin Moore's Mango Punch is a frothy sherbert color that would look nice in a kitchen.
- The backsplash in Laura's home is a real standout. The beautiful teal color is Dunn Edwards Nocturnal Sea.
- In Michael and Mindy's Chicago Loft, a sunny yellow decorates the backsplash. Maxwell and Sara Kate painted their backsplash in a similar color: Marston's Dijon Yellow. For a brighter (but still rich) color, we also like Anna Sova's Crushed Pineapple.
- The green in Jodi's kitchen is a nice backdrop for her stainless steel fixtures and black and white art. She used Benjamin Moore's Tequila Lime.
- The blue backsplash in Harry and Taylor's kitchen is made from found enameled panels. For a similarly strong, deep blue, we'd try Ralph Lauren's Tulum Blue.
- The warm, yellow-orange walls in Arielle's home seem like the perfect shade for a kitchen. For orange wall inspiration and paint color recommendations, see this post.
• Our Favorite Kitchen Paint Colors (With Recommendations)
Photos: Gregory Han, London Urchin, Lisa and Jeremie, Laura, Michael and Mindy, Jodi, Amy Azzarito, Ronee Saroff