- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the light from my north-facing windows, and the ridiculously high ceiling! It makes up for the fact that I have to walk up and down four flights of stairs to get anywhere.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. "A place for everything and everything in its place." Being organized is a must; my friends laugh at my organizers for plastic wrap and foil!
2. "Figure out what you love and make it the focus of your design." All my shoes were crammed in the closet. I realized that I would put different shoes in my daily rotation if I could see them; this thought led me to turn my apartment into my personal boutique. I didn't have a walk-in closet, so I turned my apartment into one!
3. "Make the ordinary extraordinary." You can elevate the most common items by giving them special touches. The mirror over my desk was a basic Bed, Bath, and Beyond find that I painted black and gold. Framing playbills turned them into art for my entry, and I added gold hardware to the desk I made out of plywood and Ikea file organizers. Don't be afraid of a little glam.