Necessity is often the best designer. We've seen some pretty amazing examples of beds made by hand, modified, altered, or even just brilliantly styled to suit the owner's needs. For five ideas, from a handmade loft to a headboard made from a door, click below...
- Rajiv made his bed out of plumbing pipes, based on a project he saw on Instructables.com. To see the full tour of his home, click here.
- Francesco's headboard is made from a door mounted to the wall. Click here for more photos.
- Lindsay's combination of a slatted headboard with a Nelson bench is perfect. To see more of her home, click here.
- This is a great idea for a guest room: two twin beds, pushed together, form a sectional sofa with DIY bolster cushions. For more information, click here.
- Tony and Hilary built their loft bed above a storage pod in their studio apartment. Curtains close around the bed for privacy. Click here for more photos.