Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho
Brynlee's room truly was a labor of love (combined with some serious nesting from baby number two). I combined modern patterns with contrasting colors to create an eye popping yet functional room.
I had always loved the vintage look, but as she was getting older I realized that my style was changing. I was leaning more toward a modern style with bold colors and patterns. After I saw an example on Pinterest of the navy, gold, and coral garland I knew that my mind was made up with my color scheme. I would describe my style for her room as modern, playful, and functional.
My favorite item in her room would have to be her little chalkboard table. If I could dip everything in gold I probably would! It was an easy DIY project that took a simple unfinished IKEA table and turned it into a sleek modern chalkboard table. We love her reading corner as well. The book racks on the wall free up some floor space and that little black chair is big enough (for now) for both of us to sit on.
- Pink and gold bedding: Land of Nod
- White and gold curtains: Land of Nod
- Navy rug: Overstock.com
- Small geometric patterned chair: Walmart (surprise!)
- Wall prints: Penny Jane Designs (Etsy)
- Tissue Paper Garland: DIY
- IKEA children's table/chalkboard table: Table set from IKEA but completely made over with paint, gold dipped legs, and a chalkboard top.
- Book Rack: DIY with IKEA spice racks
- Ombre Dresser: Dresser originally from Target, made over with an ombre color scheme.
- Gold "B": DIY metallic letter
Thanks, Brittany! Readers you can see more of Brittany by visiting her blog, Ben and Britt Stanly.
Comments have been disabled.