7 Questions to Ask When Buying a Home in a Location With Extreme Heat Risks
So, you’re ready to buy a home—but it’s in an area that’s prone to extreme heat, and it’s only going to get worse as climate change continues. What questions should you ask to make sure you and your home stay safe, even in the face of sky-high temperatures? Here are some to consider:
- Does the city have cooling centers?
- What is the city’s water source? Is it in danger of drought?
- Does the house have a cooling system?
- How well is the house insulated?
- Does it have good ventilation?
- What is the material of the roof? What color is it?
- Are there trees surrounding the home for shade?
Want to ensure sure your home is well-protected against other future threats? Check out How to Buy a Home—When All You Can Think About Is Climate Change.