- Washington , DC
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- There's so much I love about my small and quirky apartment! For one, I love the grey painted floors. I think they add so much character to the space, while keeping it light and open. I'm also in love with my kitchen! My parents and I painted and added floor tiles, and although small, I think its pop of color brings my apartment to life. Finally, the thing that really sold me on the space was the window box in the living room. Even though it faces the trashcans, it adds a little extra charm to the room. I keep Kale in it in the winter, and different types of flowers and herbs in the spring and summer.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Less is more! I try to purge all closets and drawers once a season to avoid cluttering the space.
2. Take advantage of vertical spaces, and under furniture. I keep two little drawers under my couch that I use to hide random books, arts and crafts, etc.
3. Always make your bed! An unkept bed makes small spaces look extra messy and unorganized. The first thing I do when I wake-up is make my bed! Along with freshening up my bedroom, it also guarantees I don't jump back in!