- Fort Wayne, IN
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Our apartment is nestled deep within a retro country club from the late 70's which makes for a relaxing yet active lifestyle. The size of our apartment makes for great entertaining and the open floor plan allows for people to mingle during parties and dinners. I would say my favorite aspect of our home is the vintage preppy vibe that the décor adds to the space, which is perfect with the sweeping views of the landscaped golf course.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Float your furniture. This will create the illusion that the space is bigger and also create separate "rooms" within an open space.
2. Use lots of accents and furniture. Some say this would clutter a small space- that's not true! With more furniture and accents, the eye will continually move tricking the mind into believing a space is larger than it really is. If you walk into a small apartment with minimal furnishings- you're immediately reminded of how cramped surroundings are.
3. Keep it clean. I can't stress this one enough. A small space will look cluttered and dirty a heckuva lot quicker than a large space will.