When I moved to Seattle from San Diego two years ago, locals told me that summers here made up for the rest of the crummy seasons. I believed them. Now I'm feeling betrayed. For every clear afternoon, there have been three days of clouds this summer. I've never missed beaches and surfers and sun more. This art reminds me of home.
• I always wanted to be a laidback surfer girl like this. I never was, but I wanted to be. Elgarborat on Etsy.
• This print by the San Diego-based Orange & Park shouts out to California surf spots. I have this print in blue but am really digging the red.
• Even though Seattle is surrounded by water, I long for the sound of crashing waves and the feel of diving under them when it's hot and the ocean seems like the most natural place to be on earth. From San Diego's Madden Photography.
• This photo gives me nostalgia for an era before I was born. I can't help it. It makes me want to hum the Beach Boys. I'm such a SoCal girl at heart. Liz Kuball for 20x200.
• A more abstract take on the barrel. "Hypnotic" by Surfpainter.
Images: As linked above.