Carbon Monoxide In Staten Island

(placeholder)
(Image credit: Apartment Therapy)

Safety first. Last week a reader wrote in asking if it were required to have a carbon monoxide detector within 15 feet of bedrooms. The worst news came two days ago as a young mother and daughter died in Staten Island. The plastic bag just makes it so much worse:

Albanian singer Anita Bitri-Prapaniku, her mother and young daughter were found dead in their Staten Island home Tuesday after a plastic bag was stuffed into the flue of their furnace. Carbon monoxide readings of 70 to 100 times the safe levels were found in the house. (via AMNY)

Technically, all building owners in NYC are required to install carbon monoxide detectors before November 1, but that is not happening very quickly. MGR

  • Building Code (NYC dept of Buildings)
  • Loading...
    Loading...