Well, after seeing the post about the clever $10 cardboard bike, I wondered what other cardboard creations might be out there. Turns out there are quite a few, and more surprisingly, even cardboard-constructed tech. We round up 10 of these resourceful alternatives — 5 to buy, and 5 to DIY. Are you board enough to try some?
Five to Buy:
• 1. Recompute PC - A fully-functioning cardboard computer!
• 2. Cardboard Radio - Dieter Rams would be proud of this simple design.
• 3. Eco-Amp - a cardboard iPhone speaker amplifier that folds flat.
• 4. Carboard IKEA Digital Camera - reportedly the cheapest digital camera around.
• 5. iPad Stand - Laser cut for a super clean result.
Five to DIY:
• 6. DIY Pinhole Hasselbad Camera - You have to see this to believe it. The pictures look incredible.
• 7. iPhone Cradle - Use your origami skills to make this slick dock.
• 8. Cardboard Laptop Stand - An even cheaper stand than this $2 IKEA stand?
• 9. Cardboard Speakers - This kit comes with colored pencils so you can customize them to your liking.
• 10. iPad Arcade - Unfortunately, there aren't any specific plans online, but the result sure looks fun.
(Images: As linked above)