The elegant lines of George Nelson's Case Study bed have ensured its place as a modern classic, with many clean-lined successors also on the market. One big plus of these beds is their versatility — they look sculptural when adorned only with minimal bedding, but are also a good canvas for artsy, bright bedding. As these bedrooms show, as long as you don't cover up their shape, Case Study beds look good in almost any bedroom.
While case study beds can be pricey, they do pop up with some regularity on Craigslist and DIY versions abound.
1. A Case Study bed featured on the AIA/LA Home Tour is accented only by a chic blanket and a pair of midcentury lamps. From the Modernica blog.
2. Paul Perfectly Suited Studio House Tour includes a glammed-up version, with dramatic black and white bedding.
3. In Karl's Midcentury Minneapolis Retreat House Tour, the Case Study Fastback bed is an integral part of a low-key, neutral hued bedroom.
4. Bold stripes and hot pink pillows adorn a Case Study bed on the cover of Atomic Ranch magazine.
5. In Lake Geneva, various shades of maple and khaki create a luxurious feel. From Chicago Home and Garden.
Images: As linked above.