- Paris France
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We love the open plan design of our apartment in Belleville, Paris with its seven windows looking onto two peaceful, leafy internal courtyards. There is tons of built-in storage: the master bedroom floor has three tatami mats which conceal hidden storage, as well as drawers and trapdoors. We recently split our children's shared bedroom into two separate tiny rooms, because we don't want to move house.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1) Keep it tidy! From the couch we can see the whole apartment and so the master bed must be made and the washing up done!
2) Make the most of what you have - we love to have flowers at every window in the summertime to compensate for having no outdoor space of our own.
3) Having lots of different light sources is important such an open plan area so that we can go bright or muted depending on the time of day / activity underway.