This is the flip-side of our earlier post on bikinis, dresses and socks for chairs. Whereas those pieces were made to (literally) dress up furniture, these designs are upcycled from old jeans, belts, jackets, and sweaters...
- 1 Independent design firm Scrap Lab created a denim seat that can be snapped into place on a chair frame, or snapped off and used as a blanket or cushion.
- 2 The Man's Jacket Chair by Sarah Louise Dix is half artwork, half furniture. She integrated a leather jacket into the chair's upholstery using brass studs.
- 3 Di Overton of Ghost Furniture made the Miss Anne Chair from an antique side chair and a vintage riding jacket.
- 4 Aaron Pahmier's Belt Stool is made of wood, steel, and spiraled belts. We first spotted it an an exhibition of upcycled ottomans at Chicago store Post 27.
- 5 Danny Seo's Sweater Seats are an easy DIY project. All you need are some old sweaters and a couple hours to reupholster your dining chair seats.
• Bikinis, Dresses & Socks for Chairs
posted originally from: AT:Chicago