- Switch artwork around in your home. You'll be amazed that such a simple task can produce great results. Or, if you've been hanging onto artwork, plates and other display items that don't have a home, hang them in a salon style grouping for a cozy vibe above the couch or in the hallway.
- The same goes with rugs--move them around (or treat them to a nice steam cleaning session). Or, go for a more minimal look and remove a rug altogether from your space. Just by experimenting, you'll increase the chances of stumbling upon a whole new vibe for your home.
- For a bigger change, rearrange furniture. We like to take this idea a step further and empty out an entire room. That way, we have a blank canvas to create an entirely new vibe.
- We love Rebecca's idea to head outdoors when looking to add style to your home. Fresh cut flowers in vintage vases adds charm and luxury to any room. Just yesterday, we added a teeny vase to our bathroom with a couple of colorful flowers--which brought new life to the small space.
- If your apartment feels stark and bare, lighting is the safest way to add warmth without breaking the bank. Instead of turning on the overhead light, reach for the floor or table lamp for instant coziness.
- If you've always wanted to try out the sleek look of minimal interiors, it's time to declutter. All the items you end up selling on Craigslist can go towards a change of scenery at home.
- House Call: Luciana and Alex's Tropical Minimalist Home
- Inspiration: A Small Rug
- Look!: Art On The Floor
(Image: Stephanie's Village Gem)