Name: Chloe (3.5)
Location: Long Island, New York
When we moved to our new house almost 2 years ago, we knew our daughter Chloe, then almost 2 years old, would need a fun, happy and child-friendly playroom so that her friends from the new neighborhood could also enjoy playing in a comfortable, safe and inviting environment.
Before Chloe was born, we owned Morish Tile Rug in clementine/ivory from Pottery Barn and we liked the happy chic color, pattern and comfy texture. Also, we would always get great compliments on it from our friends and family. It was perfect inspiration to start off with for Chloe's first playroom.
We had our challenges though. Previous owner of our house transformed this room from a garage to a den. If you were to enter this room, you had to go down a step from the living room. We wanted to provide hassle free passage way for young little feet. Frequent visits from one room to another should be as easy as possible thanks to Chloe's carpenter Grandpa who put together brand new oak flooring to match the floor level to the living room for safe access. He also gave fresh paint (Behr, Herbal Mist) to the walls so it's bright and inviting.
We are really satisfied that the room is now an age-appropriate, colorful and fun space for 3 1/2 year old Chloe where she gets to learn, play and be inspired every single day.
- Wall paint: Behr (Herbal Mist)
- Frames: Ikea and Pottery Barn
- Rug: Pottery Barn Morish Tile Rug / 5'x8' / Clementine & Ivory
- Bookcase: Ikea Expedit Shelving Unit
- Glass Door Cabinet: Ikea
- Orange clothes tree: P'Kolino Clothes Tree
- Table set: P'Kolino Safari Collection Tree Table with Giraffe & Zebra Children's Table and Chairs
- Fox Toy Basket: 3 Sprouts Storage Bin
- Pink Wooden Kitchen Set: Plan Toys Kitchen Set
- Noah's Ark: Voila Toys Wooden Noah's Ark
- Air Balloon Print in large frame: A.I. Friedman Art Supplies
Thanks, Grace! Readers, get an appreciation for this colorful room by seeing the "before" room on Grace's blog Haneul Mom.